2023-2024 Application Window
The student transfer window will open for the 2023-2024 requests during the following dates:
March 20 at 8 a.m. and it will close on March 31 at 4 p.m.
July 10 at 8 a.m. and it will close on July 14 at 4 p.m.

Student Transfer Information

IMPORTANT: You will need all documentation (listed below in "What to KNOW" section) in order to submit transfer requests. Incomplete applications (e.g. missing residency, missing grades) will not be processed during this round of transfers. Only a parent/guardian may submit a transfer request application.

When available, applications for each campus with available capacity will be linked in the below section.

Click Here to Complete Transfer Application

When applications are available, please click the application below of the school that is your FIRST CHOICE ONLY for each potential student. It is NOT necessary to complete a separate campus form for your second choice as you will list this on your initial application. Transfer requests will be approved based on campus space, availability, and eligibility requirements. Employee and sibling requests will be prioritized (more information above).

GCISD Employee Student Transfer
Application (Must login with GCISD credentials to complete)


For questions or more information, please click the sections below, check our Frequently Asked Questions, or email Student Transfers at [email protected].

All students (including employee students) must apply for a transfer if they desire to attend a campus other than their zoned campus and/or when they are moving from the following grades/campuses:

  • Pre-K to Kindergarten
  • Elementary school to middle school
  • Middle school to high school

Students who are already approved on a transfer and are not moving to the next transition level do NOT need to submit a transfer request.

What to KNOW

  • You must upload ALL documents (latest report card, attendance and discipline history, residency verification, 504 or ARD documents, etc.) with your application. You will not be able to submit your application without them.
  • If latest report card does not have attendance, you will need to retrieve information from the home campus. Discipline History information can be retrieved from the campus by an email/letter from current campus. (For Students entering Kindergarten please upload an extra copy of residency).
  • Please complete an application for each student you wish to request to transfer.
  • If you were approved on a transfer and your student is either transitioning from Pre-K to Kinder, elementary to middle, or middle to high, then ALL families, including employees, must apply for a transfer if not requesting a campus you are already zoned for.
  • ALL students new to GCISD (including employee students) must submit the latest report cards with attendance and discipline history and state testing scores.
  • Current proof of residency verification is required for all students. Which includes: Deed of Sale, current Property Tax Statement, or current signed executed Lease. AND a current utility bill (gas, water or electric) no other forms will be accepted. (Grandparents transfer request requires Grandparents proof of residency).
  • All students who completed Pre-K MUST apply for a transfer for the following year IF you would like to attend a different campus than your zoned campus. Placement on a campus for Pre-K does not guarantee placement on the campus for grades K-5.
  • Email notifications of placement will be sent out as students are placed. Please keep in mind that some notifications may not be sent until August but no later than the day prior to the first day of school.
  • Because approvals may not be made until dates closer to the start of school, please know that requesting a transfer may delay such items as class schedule completion including extracurricular activities.



  • If you have NOT moved and your student was originally approved on a transfer, you do not need to apply for a transfer again until they transition to either a middle or high school campus.
  • Only parents/guardians may submit transfer request applications. Applications submitted by students will not be processed.