Who can attend GCISD schools?
Students who live within GCISD may attend GCISD schools. Children of GCISD employees who live outside the district may enroll as space permits. Students whose parent or legal guardian lives within the City of Grapevine or the City of Colleyville but are zoned to attend neighboring districts may submit a non-resident interdistrict transfer request to attend GCISD as space permits. 

When can my child register?
Students moving into the district may enroll anytime during the school year through Skyward, the district's online program. Registration is completed; however, by taking the appropriate records to the school office. During the school year, students and parents may tour prospective schools. For students who move into the district during the summer, campuses usually reopen the at the end of July and registration verification dates vary by campus.

At what age may students enroll in Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten?
Students entering kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year. Pre-Kindergarten students must be four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year. GCISD offers State-Funded and Tuition-Based Pre-Kindergarten programs with more information available at our Pre-Kindergarten page. Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten registration is scheduled at each campus during May.

What documents are required to register?
Students new to the district (including those entering Kindergarten) must provide Proof of Residency, birth certificate, social security number, immunization record, emergency contact numbers and a report card from the previous school unless enrolling in kindergarten.
For a student to register in GCISD, parents/legal guardians of students must either:
    A. Verifiably own or lease a residence within GCISD OR
    B. Verifiably reside with a resident of GCISD under a lawful order of the court, such as an executed Legal Power of Attorney.
For students living with other families, the student's parent, along with the person with whom the parent and student are living, must attend new student registration at the campus and complete either an affidavit of Residency and/or a Special Power of Attorney. The person with whom they reside must show two of the proof of residency documents below.

See Residency Verification for more details.

What immunizations does my child need?
 Students must be in compliance with required immunizations by age. More information is available in the Health Services section of the website.

Are after school programs available?
Extended care is available at all elementary campuses through KidzU, the district-run program for after and before school care and enrichment. Children have the convenience of care right in their elementary schools, allowing them to easily participate in school activities held after school, such as choir practice, chess club or tutoring.

Is bus transportation provided?
Transportation is provided from homes more than two miles from the school in each attendance zone.

May students enroll early, prior to legal residence in the District?
Families who are moving into the District and are building a house within GCISD boundaries may enroll their students while the house is being built. A contract showing the location of the lot and or existing home and date of move-in must be provided and appropriate paperwork filed at your campus.

Are Free and Reduced Meals provided at GCISD?
Children in the Grapevine-Colleyville ISD who qualify under the United States Department of Agriculture guidelines may get school meals free or for the reduced price of 40 cents for lunch and 30 cents for breakfast. A child from a family that receives food stamps or help from Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) can receive free school meals. Depending on the parents' income, a child may also be eligible for free or reduced-price meals. An Application for Free and Reduced Priced Meals must be completed each year and returned to the school the child attends. Forms are available at each campus, from Nutrition Services at 817/251-5615.

How are GCISD and its schools rated by the Texas Education Agency
The state accountability rating system evaluates the performance of schools and districts and includes campuses and districts rated under standard and alternative education accountability (AEA) procedures. The list of campuses and how they are rated is available on the Assessment, Research and Evaluation section of this website by selecting the link for State Accountability Ratings.